Friday

第十八章。迟来的FYP。我尽力了。

09.12.11
A day with disappointment.
Again and again, as usual, I am doing for project almost everyday, yea it is.
I repeat the same step, doing the same setup, and doing the same failure.
Prof. Lua visited fluids lab yesterday, it was a sudden spot check.
To see my progress, I have nothing to show him, ended up talking a lot of my research mechanism setup. I know I will kena shoot one day, see my work so far, nothing can comment.

Trying a second attempt to test .. the stupid permeability test, O-ring is old, I insist to use it, degassing process for one day, I am satisfied with it, using my 3-OCT-membrane, too many samples I have made, I just note down the date I produce it, yea, It was October month, with 15 bilayers of combination solution, PEE and CMC polymeric solution with 40ml water as solvent.

Open the valve, with 0.763 Torr, it still failed, last time was using 2.100 Torr, triple fold, result is poor, I insist of using the same method, I guess I should have modified it, I tried my best, it failed again, really want to give up.

I have 13 samples, 13 alumina membrane in my pill boxes, I dare to say, I have 13 chances to die, I know none of them can pass the gas permeability test, It is too hard to go thru the pores with Helium gas, FML.

Alright, month of December, I choose not to go back for holiday, I am doing research everyday, even SAT and SUN, I pay extra work and effort, I don't care, I just want to get one good result, submit the GD report then waiting for my graduation.

It is so ridiculous, whole lab only left with 2 FYP students, where are the rest, only 10% of final year student remains in NTU during this one-month vacation, really slack lo. Can't imagine how it goes if it happens to me, I can just simply fail like this, no way la ... Prof Lua won't let me go like that.

another 0.5 years to go

23岁的那年,我还在徘徊,人生的十字路口,10年后,我会干些什么呢?

No comments:

Post a Comment